Straight from the formulator of the Miessence products herself – Narelle Chenery gave me these fantastic superfood smoothies which she just gave all of us on the 2016 Eco-Retreat! She is a bit of a smoothie expert, so I’m excited that she has let me share these with you!
How To Create a YUMMY and HEALTHY Miessence Superfood Smoothie!
- Make the base water with a sweet fruit and bitter greens ratio of 1:1
- Give every serve 1 tablespoon of Miessence protein powder (or a similar certified organic protein powder of such quality)
- Give every serve 1 teaspoon of one of the Miessence superfood powders – Miessence InLiven (probiotic powder), Miessence Deep Green (alkalising powder) or Miessence Berry Radical (antioxidant powder).
Each smoothie needs to have at least one ingredient from each of the 5 flavour families.
- Sweet – banana, pineapple, mango, papaya, berries, cinnamon, cardamon
- Bitter – kale, collard, all lettuces
- Salty – celery, sea vegetables, sea salt
- Sour – Lemon, lime, apple cidar vinegar
- Pungent – ginger, mint, turmeric, herbs
- Plus 1 tablespoon of Miessence Complete Protein
- Plus 1 teaspoon of either Berry Radical, In Liven or Deep Green
6 Miessence Superfood Smoothie Recipes
Note: These all use the 5 flavour formula (and remember the sweet and bitter 1:1 ratio).
- Banana, leafy greens, cinnamon, turmeric, coconut cream, Miessence Protein, Miessence Berry radical
- Pineapple, leafy greens, celery, lemon, ginger, Miessence Protein, Miessence Deep Green
- Papaya, leafy greens, celery, lime, mint, avocado, Miessence Protein, Miessence InLiven
- Berries, leafy greens, sea vegetables, lime, mint, Miessence Protein, Miessence InLiven
- Mangos, strawberries, leafy greens, celery, lime, ginger, mint, Miessence Protein, Miessence Deep Green
- Pineapple, cardamon, leafy greens, celery, ginger, coconut cream, Miessence Protein, Miessence InLiven
To make it easier for you – here’s a shopping list of the foods above. Fresh organic produce is obviously much better for your body as it doesn’t have the pesticides to deal with.
leafy greens – kale, spinach, lettuces
A few cans of coconut cream or avocados can add some nice creaminess to some of the smoothies – so experiment away! Enjoy!
Be Healthy! 🙂