These Miessence Berry Radical recipes are raw, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, and flour-free. Give your dessert that extra boost with the antioxidant power of Berry Radical! Thankyou to Lynn Kao for these healthy and AWESOME recipes 🙂
- Approximately 1 to 1 ratio of pitted dates to walnuts (or mixed nuts, preferably soaked and dehydrated to remove enzyme inhibitors and improve digestibility)
- 1 pinch of salt (to bring out sweetness) *I actually ran out of salt, believe it or not, and used wheat-free tamari!
- Raw, fair-trade, organic cacao powder ( or substitute part Miessence Berry Radical Antioxidant Superfood. 1 tsp = *4000* ORAC units! Grey hairs and wrinkles be-gone!)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla powder (or extract)
- Optional: spices to make it exotic: e.g., cinnamon, cayenne, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom, coriander…
- Process walnuts in food processor until it resembles a coarse flour. Do not over-process as the oils will separate out of the nuts and make the texture tough.
- Add rest of ingredients and process until it resembles dark, coarse cookie crumbs. It’s ready when it sticks together when pinched between your fingers.
- Press firmly into a brownie pan. Cut into squares and eat immediately or frost with your favourite raw frosting
(Alternatively, you can roll these into truffle balls and coat with dried, shredded coconut, cacao powder, etc.)
- 1 cup of pitted dates (soaked if you do not have a high-speed blender), (can substitute banana to make banana-chocolate frosting)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (I used part Miessence Berry Radical Antioxidant Superfood)
- 8 tbsp coconut oil and/or soaked cashews
- 1 tbsp organic vanilla powder (or alcohol-free extract)
- pinch of salt (I used a splash of wheat-free tamari)
- splashes of liquid to get blender going (water, non-dairy milk…I used some chaga/rooibos tea!)
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until sweet and smooth. Your tastebuds will tell you when it’s perfect.
- Pour icing over brownies and smooth with a spatula if necessary. Refrigerate or freeze until frosting is firm. (I ate mine after just 10 minutes – I just couldn’t wait!)
Now the fun (but practical) part:
(This works great if you have a high-speed blender.)
- Clean the frosting from the sides of the blender by adding your favourite non-dairy milk or even water. (I used chaga/rooibos tea!)
- Pour about a cup of your chosen liquid into the blender. Switch it on the highest possible setting as quickly as possible to “turbo-clean” the sides of the blender. Pour into a cup and adjust flavours if necessary.
There you go: 30-second Hot Chocolate! 🙂
Good old Berry Radical – my favourite superfood from Miessence. Enjoy these great recipes!